This is the link to the Form Lead version of this page:

Name *
Name
Email *
Phone *
Add a custom form here to override the default form.
This is the lead form override for "All Communities".

Orange

The City of Orange was incorporated on April 6, 1888 under the general laws of the State of California, however, Orange dates back to 1869 when Alfred Chapman and Andrew Glassell, both lawyers, accepted 1,385 acres of land from the Rancho Santiago de Santa Ana as legal fees.

Soon thereafter, the men laid out a one square mile town with ten-acre farm lots surrounding a forty-acre central town site. The center of the town site became known as the Plaza, which has become the symbol of the community.

Today, the Plaza and the majority of the original one square mile town site, contain many homes and buildings dating to the early days of the City; the site is registered on the National Register of Historic Places.